The Story of Stuff

Ever wondered where all the stuff in your house comes from, and where it all goes after you are done with it? I just saw this amazing " Story of Stuff ". In words of my ex-teacher, Mrs. Lalita Aseri, "Its really impressive....it may sound funny but yeah..its very motivating for me."
Watch the story yourself and find out!

Now if you too find yourself motivated, Here is the link for 10 recommendations on what we can do to address the problems identified in the film on storyofstuff : http://www.storyofstuff.com/anotherway.html

Specifically, http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com tells about the toxic contents in various cosmetic products that we inadvertently buy.

Similarly, there are lots of carcinogenic products in most ready to eat foods and snacks that we do not even know about and buy. Like now I never buy a product that lists "Monosodium Glutamate" because I know its carcinogenic. And after remembering its name, I came across the products containing it several times in grocery stores! But I do not know about all such products, and will try to stay aware and note other such things. This link may also be worth giving a glance: http://www.drgrisanti.com/food_toxins.htm

I will keep adding more stuff on toxins as and when I learn about them, and also would be glad if any of my readers also share their valuable thoughts and knowledge on it.

cheers and stay informed!

Comments

  1. Here are some environmentally friendly products, they are pricy though.
    http://www.sciam.com/slideshow.cfm?id=buying-green-inventive-products&thumbs=horizontal&photo_id=C84AC4CC-C502-E91A-9B503A0FF0F0FD2A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog! but I agree with the comment on this link more than the products that it shows : "Being Green does not mean buying and consuming even more pointless products. Conserve, sustain, contain yourselves. Live simply on the Earth. Reduce: population, consumption, impact. That's Green...."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to my "Rythum of Life". This blog spot carries thoughts, poems, and memorable experiences. If you happen to read them, you are welcome to comment. Thanks!!

Popular posts from this blog

C++: const

Arvin.cpp

Living with Equanimity