Profit of Life

Today I got a thought while returning from school and I feel that it is worth noting down for the benefit of all. So the thought is as under..

What is 'my' life? What is 'mine' in this life? Is this life really 'mine'? It is given to me by God and it can be taken from me anytime. So is 'my' important in 'my life'? I think no. But yes 'life' is important. Because after all that is it why I am here.

Now, that means, I am like an element, whom God has filled in with life, for a certain period on this earth as a human being.

So, what is so much important in this life to be concerned about? Should it be my work, my career, my every like and dislike, my dress, my food, my time, what? Does any of these matter after my life? I think then, all this won't matter a bit to me once this life is taken from me. That means nothing in this world can be more true than the fact that you have to live..till God wants you to.

Next question is, what should I do while I am living? Should I work? Why?

Yes, I should work for 2 reasons :-

  1. To live in this world is not for free. So you have to work to live, and till you live.

  2. Everything that this world gives you till you live, in return needs your participation to make it better by using your talent. So its a good idea to contribute whatever you can while you are in this world.

Okay, so that means you should feel good that you are working! Then, should you feel bad if you mood? Again I guess no. Because its not worth treating yourself that way.

After all, you will be working till you live, and while you should contribute your part as best as you can, it never can be more important than your life.

God sent you to live, not to spoil your minutes on unworthy things, rather to live. So why not live it happily every moment. We are here for a limited time. And this time is too short if you consider the y centuries for which life has existed on this Earth. So we should do what is worth our living time.

I guess the crux is as follows :

  1. To live every moment the way it comes to you.

  2. To try your best but never at the expense of the stress and spoiling your mood. Because it can never worth more than your life.

  3. To speed your time gaining knowledge and working and loving and smiling and being happy.

Because at the end your profit is = ( % of happy life you spent) / (Total life God gave you) !

Comments

  1. Very well articulated my sis :)
    I have a couple of questions where we can put some more thoughts. First, What is the difference in the way Gandhiji lived his life and the way we are living? Has He spent more % of happy life than us? Isn't that "% of happy life one spend" is a very subjective? Or is it like anything done for a good cause will be counted as your happy life period? I am sorry for being too much philosophical here but I have given it a serious thought that even after spending whatever period I have lived till now with happiness and not taking stresses and as you said not spoiling moods, I find that something is still missing. I need to figure out that. The feeling of satisfaction is still not attained and I think this is the case with most of the people of the world. I think there are 3 sets of people in this world. One who belongs to poorer section or below poverty line who bear the maximum atrocities and are not happy at all. Second, the people who are like us or slightly above us, happy with whatever things going around as they have all the comforts and their lives are not getting affected. Third, the people (like, Gandhiji, Martin Luther, etc.) who take pains, work for the good cause and bring revolutions. They have actually spent their whole lives for social cause and thus have lived forever.
    So what I think is, apart from the 3 aims of life which you have mentioned and which are pretty much necessary and should be practiced by one and all, One should also aim for bringing atleast one positive change in the world for that is the reason God have sent us and given us such a privileged form of life that is Human beings.
    Lets get up now and do something not for us but for the generations to follow. Lets make our world as Utopia.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to my "Rythum of Life". This blog spot carries thoughts, poems, and memorable experiences. If you happen to read them, you are welcome to comment. Thanks!!

Popular posts from this blog

C++: const

Arvin.cpp

Living with Equanimity