For my papa - On Father's Day.

Whenever I say the two words "My Papa", there comes a glitter in my eyes and my heart fills with great pride for the world's best papa that I have. Ever since I remember, I have always seen the immense love and faith you have for me. I cherish every one of the moments that I spend with you everyday telling you about my day and my activities, ever since my childhood when I used to tell you the new words I learnt in school "fan", "yellow", to the time I used to talk to you about my IIT preparation, and later about my relationship with Gaurav, and now about my work and happy married life :).
I thank God for such an understanding papa who has always been my best friend. I never had a moment when I had thought of hiding anything from you. I remember the secret confessions that I made to you for my childish mischiefs - remember the time when I got less marks in Maths, and modified the letters in marksheet for signature?? Now that is a laughable incident, but I am thankful to you to have saved me from falling in wrong direction at every step. Also another thing I want to tell you is that I always feel that you can do just anything and everything for me. I never felt that there is anything that you should have done and you didn't for me. Be it my living needs, or the decisions about my career, or the course advises, you always provided me with the best available. I was not even knowing about IIT at that time when I passed my 10th std., if you had not told me to think about it as my career option. And even before that, your special motivation about excelling in Maths gave me the sound foundation for engineering career. Beleive it or not, Papa, you are the reason for my doing well in my class. Otherwise I was not that intelligent at all :).
My dear loving papa, this space and all the vocabulary that I had learned for my GRE test preparation, will fall short to express relationship we share. I can in no way describe it in words, about what you mean for me. There can be only the many sweet memories of our moments together in my childhood, youth hood, and adult life that always float in front of my eyes whenever I think about you.
Papa, I know I am physically very far from you now, Gaurav says we have to stay away to do our "Karma". I do not understand why we have to stay far from our loved ones. You did your "Karma" but always used to come home on Saturdays even when you were in Delhi. I can now understand how tiring that weekly up-down used to be for you, although you never showed it to us. I do not know whether I would be able to always meet your expectations as far as my "farz" as a grown-up child towards my parents is concerned, but I want to say that your selfless love and affection for me can never be re-paid in any form, and I still want it always and forever.
Love you papa, Happy Fathers Day.
Please stay with me always...

Comments

  1. Dear Shanu,
    Every word you have written in your letter has touched my heart. Nothing special I have done,every Papa/mom do the same for their kids. You will realise it when u will act as mom/papa. May God bless a successful/joyful life for both of you.

    Your Papa with feeling of mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey its just awesome.. and i loved this topic...:),.. and the way u have
    expressed ur feelings..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Welcome to my "Rythum of Life". This blog spot carries thoughts, poems, and memorable experiences. If you happen to read them, you are welcome to comment. Thanks!!

Popular posts from this blog

C++: const

Arvin.cpp

Living with Equanimity